The big trends in supply chain analytics include:-
• Internet of Things (IoT) and telematics. These intelligent networks can identify demand, measure performance, and take stock of the health of physical assets while managing capacity. Organizations need to be "digitally fit" and ready, as the rise of connected devices and digitization means that there are always new convergence solutions.
• The digitalization of collaborative operating models and logistics value chains.
• Robotics and automation to allow the production of automated vehicles, delivery drones, and warehouse robots.
• Cognitive technology, robotics, and automation are enhancing the supply chain and improving efficiency in delivery and warehousing.
• Smarter products and inbuilt sensors are being used with the enhanced communication infrastructure.
• Customer centricity, which is a central point for logistics and requires all stakeholders to align so they can effectively respond to shifting demands and changes in the market.
• Manufacturers are expanding outwards when it comes to supplier network activity. They are increasingly focusing on cloud-based technology and big data.